This is a unit for composting as well as storing mature compost. It is a good companion for the ‘Gobbles’, providing extra volume to continue composting with ease. These can be used as row composters in homes with some outdoor space. Line them up and start using only one at a time. Layer your kitchen waste with Remix Powder daily, for an odour-free experience.
On an average, in a family of 4-5, the first Chomp should be ready for harvesting by the time the last Chomp is full.
Since these are lined next to each other, they eliminate the need to lift. Each Chomp comes with an instruction manual and its own stand, Remix Powder and a set of gloves. You can buy one or three at a time for a better bargain.
I kg per day
Family of 4-5
12’’ dia x 20” height
- A family of 4-5 needs 3 Chomps to manage waste comfortably for life. Organic waste reduces in volume by 80% after composting.
- Layer your kitchen waste with Remix Powder daily for smell free and fool-proof composting.
- Outdoor product, for use on a balcony, terrace or garden.
- Holes in the surface breathers regulate moisture and airflow optimally.
- Requires a sheltered area away from direct rain.
- Every installed Chomp keeps about 30 kgs of waste from landfill / month (360 kgs / year).
- Harvest compost every 1.5 months.
- It comes with Stand, Remix Powder, and pair of gloves.
- On long term use, dirt may collect on the surface of the composter. Scrub with some soap nut solution and wipe with a cloth to get it to look as good as new!
- The inside does not need to be cleaned when restarting a cycle.
- If you want to paint your composter, do use acrylic based paints so that the paint does not wear out.
- Water will condense as composting happens on the bottom of the lid, wipe clean so that it does not attract flies.